Student Housing Jobs at Pura Vida Place
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at Pura Vida Place. If you seek to be challenged, work close to home, and develop your leadership skills, then look no further than Pura Vida Place.
Senior Community Assistant
A Senior Community Assistant is an undergraduate or graduate student that serves as a link between management and residents, as well as the implementation of policies, procedures, sales and regulations. The SCA is responsible for a broad range of functions in the community and supervisor of the CA staff.
- Have served as a Community Assistant for at least two semesters
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
Other responsibilities may include:
- Works closely with property residents and help oversee Community Assistants
- Maintain communications between management, residents and CAs
- Assist in administrative tasks
SCAs are paid hourly and receive an attractive discounted rent.
Appointments as a SCA are by semester. We typically hire in December/January and May/June, but vacancies may occur at any time. SCAs will work over holidays such as winter, spring and summer breaks.
As a SCA, you will learn many aspects of business, marketing, sales, customer services and conflict resolution. Gaining this experience may be helpful to you in your future career.
A Community Assistant is a student member of the staff who works closely with residents. Our CAs work to maintain communication between management and residents and assist in a multitude of administrative tasks.
- Be enrolled at least part-time at the University of Alabama or another local university or college
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
- Make their job as CA first priority, second only to school
- Be able to commit 18-22 hours of office work per week
The majority of the CA's responsibilities involve direct contact with residents. Other responsibilities may include:
- Working in the office
- Guiding tours
- Completing lease paperwork
- Cleaning the clubhouse
- Conducting inspections
- Planning events
CAs are paid hourly and receive an attractive discounted rent.
Appointments as a CA are by semester. We typically hire in December/January and May/June, but vacancies may occur at any time. CAs will work over holidays such as winter, spring and summer breaks.
As a CA, you will learn many aspects of business, marketing, sales, customer services and conflict resolution. Gaining this experience may be helpful to you in your future career.
- Know and Care for Residents
Knowing residents is critical to Community Assistant success. Promoting ongoing interaction and cooperation is essential to resident satisfaction. Community Assistants will act as a resource and referral agent for all residents.
- Build Community
The total value of a college education can only be realized when a resident involves him/herself in many aspects of the collegial experience (e.g. leadership activities, volunteering, student government). Community Assistants raise resident’s level of awareness of what is available to them at the community and how to participate. Community Assistants will maintain a high profile on the property and be approachable and receptive. CAs create enthusiasm and interest in community events.
- Share Knowledge
Community Assistants are knowledgeable about community policies and University resources. Community Assistants play a vital role in directing residents to the appropriate community staff members. Community Assistants provide accurate information about the community to residents. Community Assistants are informed and familiar with important services on campus.
- Promote Learning
Community Assistants foster personal responsibility through supporting community policies. Resident learning is enhanced through the staff’s programming efforts, CA's interaction with residents, and by supporting personal accountability.
- Lead by Example
Community Assistants are held to high standards of academic achievement and behavior and as a result are considered community leaders and set the example for conduct and attitude. CAs will observe all community and University policies, rules, and regulations.
Second jobs are discouraged and only allowed with the permission of the Community Manager. If a second job is permitted, then the job as a CA must come first under all circumstances. We do allow CA's to have co-op or internships while working at East Edge as long as you meet your required hours per week and are able to balance both.
Street Team Member
A Street Team Member helps drive new leasing traffic to the leasing office, creates awareness and interest for our property within the market, serves as a property representative at student hangouts and events, and provides additional support to the community at large leasing events.
- Involvement in student organizations
- Ability to network effectively
- Flexible schedule
- Interest in or pursuing marketing field
- Ability to see, hear, speak, comprehend and communicate
- Generate excitement and buzz about the community during all external marketing outreach
- Talk to leasing prospects about community and housing needs
- Pass out literature and shirts, cups, koozies, face paint, gift cards and other promotional items on campus and at popular student hangouts
- Attend housing fairs, sporting events, orientations, high traffic on-campus locations and other large campus events to market the community